As well as proofreading your document for errors and inconsistencies, I can expertly edit your work. I will restructure your writing to ensure that your words flow smoothly and your vocabulary is accurate and varied. I will also refine your tone and adapt the content to achieve your aims.
My Editing Package Includes:
- Correct typos
- Correct basic grammar (unless changes affect author/character voice)
- Correct punctuation
- Correct nonverbal dialogue tags (“I don’t care what you do,” he shrugged.)
- Make style consistent: spelling, capitalization, hyphens, dashes, italics, ellipses, etc.
- Flag content inconsistency from chapter to chapter: character hair colour, eye colour, ages, wardrobe, motivations, setting, etc.
- Verify basic facts (i.e., geography, dates, accuracy of plot timeline)
- Flag tracking/continuity problems
- Flag plot holes
- Flag potential libel (disparaging remarks about real places/people)
- Flag any potential copyright issues (song lyrics, poetry, advertising jingles, extensive/numerous excerpts from other publication(s), photos/artwork, other copyrighted material not owned by the author)
- Flag confirmed anachronisms
- Flag repetition (both content and verbal) and offer solutions
- Flag ambiguous vocabulary (and offer solutions)
- Flag awkward phrasing (and offer solutions)
- I will give you a tailored quotation for each of your projects but here is roughly what I will charge you.
- If your project is more than 20,000 words or you can guarantee continuous work, we can chat about a unique package tailor-made for you.
- An additional $5 will be charged per 1000 words if you submit a PDF file.
- If you are based in South Africa, please let me know and I will give you a custom ZAR quotation – no problem! This will include a discount as our transaction will incur fewer charges.
Proofreading charge + $8 per 1000 words